Map [Territory of Columbia].
About this Item
- [Territory of Columbia].
- Contributor Names
- Ellicott, Andrew, 1754-1820.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Arlington County (Va.)--Early works to 1800
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--Virginia--Arlington County
- Manuscript maps
- Early maps
- Topographic maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - City boundary labelled: Out lines of the city of Washington with the grand avenues and principal streets leading through the public appropriations.
- - Title from later printed ed.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolors.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Soiled and fold-lined.
- - Accompanied by positive and negative photocopies of 3 letters dated 1793 relating to the map, 1 of which signed by: And'w Ellicott.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 56 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1793 .E4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ellicott, Andrew. Territory of Columbia.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88694130/.
APA citation style:
Ellicott, A. (1793) Territory of Columbia. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88694130/.
MLA citation style:
Ellicott, Andrew. Territory of Columbia.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88694130/>.
More Maps like this
MapTerritory of Columbia. Relief shown by hachures. Facsim. of the 1793 topographic map of the District of Columbia by Andrew Ellicott. Original version: [Philadelphia? : s.n., 1793?]. Oriented with north toward the upper left. LC...
- Contributor: Ellicott, Andrew
- Date: 1793
MapTerritory of Columbia Relief shown by hachures. Printed along city boundary: Out lines of the city of Washington with the grand avenues and principal streets leading through the public appropriations. Oriented with north toward the...
- Contributor: Ellicott, Andrew
- Date: 1794
MapTerritory of Columbia. Relief shown by hachures. "Reproduced by the U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey in February 1898 from a print in the Hall of Maps and Charts of the Library of Congress." Facsimile. Original...
- Contributor: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey - Ellicott, Andrew
- Date: 1793
MapTerritoire de Columbia Relief shown by hachures. On verso of cardboard mat frame: "Territoire de Columbia," published by Warden in Paris, 1820. Edward Stead, 1941. In upper margin at right: Tome 5, Page 1re. Oriented...
- Contributor: Tardieu, P. F. (Pierre François) - Ellicott, Andrew - Warden, David Bailie
- Date: 1815
MapTopographical map of the District of Columbia and a portion of Virginia Partial cadastral map showing landowners' names in rural areas of D.C. Also shows density of built-up area in city. Relief shown by contours. Depths shown by soundings. Oriented with north toward the...
- Contributor: Lydecker, G. J. (Garrett J.) - Office of the Engineer Commissioner D.C. - United States. Army. Corps of Engineers - Bruff, William T.O. - Greene, F. V. (Francis Vinton)
- Date: 1884