Maps Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield
About this Item
- Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield
- Contributor Names
- Church, B. S. (Benjamin Silliman), 1836-
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Arlington County (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps, Manuscript
- - Alexandria (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps, Manuscript
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps, Manuscript
- - Military topography--Virginia--Arlington County--Maps
- - Military topography--Virginia--Alexandria--Maps
- - Military topography--Virginia--Fairfax County--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--Virginia--Arlington
- - Shows military camps in Arlington County, Alexandria, and adjoining areas of Fairfax County.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - At head of title: 211, L., sheet 12.
- - In lower right corner: Transferred from Office of Chf. Engr., Defenses of Washington, to Engr. Dept.--1866.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 521
- - Stephenson. Cartography of northern Virginia, pl. 43
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., tracing linen ; on sheet 62 x 63 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.A8S5 186- .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Church, S. (Benjamin Silliman)
Arlington County (Va.)
Fairfax County (Va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Church, B. S. Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield. [186, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/89692638/. (Accessed December 05, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Church, B. S. (1861) Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/89692638/.
MLA citation style:
Church, B. S. Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield. [186, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/89692638/>.