Map Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield
About this Item
- Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield
- Contributor Names
- Church, B. S. (Benjamin Silliman), 1836-
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Arlington County (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps, Manuscript
- - Alexandria (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps, Manuscript
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--History--19th century--Maps, Manuscript
- - Military topography--Virginia--Arlington County--Maps
- - Military topography--Virginia--Alexandria--Maps
- - Military topography--Virginia--Fairfax County--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--Virginia--Arlington
- - Shows military camps in Arlington County, Alexandria, and adjoining areas of Fairfax County.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - At head of title: 211, L., sheet 12.
- - In lower right corner: Transferred from Office of Chf. Engr., Defenses of Washington, to Engr. Dept.--1866.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 521
- - Stephenson. Cartography of northern Virginia, pl. 43
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., tracing linen ; on sheet 62 x 63 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.A8S5 186- .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows military camps in Arlington County, Alexandria, and adjoining areas of Fairfax County. Relief shown by hachures. At head of title: 211, L., sheet 12. In lower right corner: Transferred from Office of Chf. Engr., Defenses of Washington, to Engr. Dept.--1866. Oriented with north toward the lower right. Pen-and-ink and pencil. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 521 Stephenson. Cartography of northern Virginia, pl. 43 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. DCP Vault
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Church, B. S. Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield. [186, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/89692638/.
APA citation style:
Church, B. S. (1861) Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/89692638/.
MLA citation style:
Church, B. S. Reconnaissance in advance of Camp Mansfield. [186, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/89692638/>.
More Maps like this
MapSketch of the seat of war in Alexandria & Fairfax Cos., by V. P. Corbett. Scale not given. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 522 Gives the location and names of Union regiments, entrenchments, houses, names of residents, railroads, roads, and drainage, "Arlington Heights," "Alexandria Heights" and...
- Contributor: Corbett, V. P.
- Date: 1861
Map[Detailed map of part of Virginia from Alexandria to the Potomac River above Washington, D.C. 186-]. Relief shown by form lines. Shows parts of Arlington and Fairfax counties, part of the defenses of Washington, roads, railroads, towns, vegetation, houses, fences, names of residents, and drainage. "211, L. Sheet...
- Contributor: United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
- Date: 186?
Map[Map of Fairfax and Alexandria counties, Virginia, and parts of adjoining counties] Above neat line in right corner: "Recd. Engineer Bureau, April 25th 1864. with letter April 23d '64, fm. Capt. Michler, [signed] J.C. Woodruff, Maj. of Engineers." Map showing the defenses of Washington...
- Contributor: Michler, N. (Nathaniel)
- Date: 1864
MapFairfax County, Arlington County, cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, and Falls Church, Virginia : 1:50 000-scale topographic ... "Map edited 1991." Relief shown by contours and spot heights. Title in left upper margin: Fairfax Co., Arlington Co., cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, and Falls Church., Va. Title in right lower margin:...
- Contributor: Geological Survey (U.S.) - Virginia. Division of Mineral Resources
- Date: 1991
MapMap of the Potomac River, Va. : from Alexandria to below the Occoquan. Regional map of the lower Potomac River in Virginia, including Alexandria and Fairfax Court House. The Loudoun & Hampshire Railroad is also indicated.
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1862