Manuscript/Mixed Material [Breviary].
About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Catholic Church.
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Breviaries--Texts--Early works to 1800
- - Catholic Church--Liturgy--Texts
- - Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern)--Washington (D.C.)
- - Ms. Written in Paris. The primary contents, written probably in the 3rd quarter of the 13th cent., are on leaves 18-505 (as foliated in modern pencil). Additional matter added closer to 1300 is on leaves 6-15 and 507-562.
- - In Latin.
- - Imperfect: 4 leaves of the calendar (all after Apr. 30) and 4 leaves of the Psalter (4 beginnings of liturgical divisions) wanting. These 8 leaves are not included in the modern foliation.
- - Library of Congress. Medieval and renaissance manuscript books in the Library of Congress, 15
- - Ricci, S. de. Medieval and Renaissance mss., p. 229, no. 103
- - Ricci, S. de. Medieval and Renaissance mss. (suppl.), p. 119, no. 75
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 563 leaves (2 columns, 32 lines (calendar, 34 lines)), bound : parchment ; 20 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- BX2000 .A2 1260z
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Access Advisory
- Open to research.
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Catholic Church, and Medieval And Renaissance Manuscripts Collection. Breviary. [126-?, 1260] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/90210592/.
APA citation style:
Catholic Church & Medieval And Renaissance Manuscripts Collection. (1260) Breviary. [126-?] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/90210592/.
MLA citation style:
Catholic Church, and Medieval And Renaissance Manuscripts Collection. Breviary. [126-?, 1260] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/90210592/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Thesaurus pauperum, in Italian ; Nicolaus, Experimenta in Italian ; On the medicinal value of precious ... Manuscript. In Italian and Latin. Title from de Ricci. Thin yellowish parchment, 2 columns, written in brown ink in several hands; 37 lines; foliation is later, in brown ink, with 43 appearing...
- Contributor: Albertus - Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress) - Kunz, George Frederick - John XXI
- Date: 1300
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Benedictine rule for nuns in Middle English ; a Middle English version of the Gospel of ... Ms. codex. Middle English; some Latin. Title and description derived from the full description in Library of Congress. Medieval and Renaissance manuscript books in the Library of Congress, v. 2, p. 143-154,...
- Contributor: Benedict - Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1400
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLibro de arte coquinaria
Libro de arte coqvinaria Ms. codex. Italian. Title from caption, leaf 2. The 64 textual leaves are preceded by one blank leaf and followed by 18 blank leaves. Manuscript recipe on rear pastedown in a different...
- Contributor: Maestro Martino - Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress) - Vehling, Joseph Dommers - Bitting, A. W. (Arvill Wayne) - Bitting, K. G. (Katherine Golden)
- Date: 1460
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialExposicio mistica super exod[um]. Early bindings in their original appearance are quite scarce. This spectacular survivor is made of white deerskin over boards of thick leather, now buckled. The stamps are place in vertical rows, within...
- Contributor: Kloster Millstatt - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1150
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialStoria delle navig. [i.e. navigazioni] del Colo. [i.e. Colombo, or Colocut].
Storia delle navig. del Colo. | Storia delle navigazioni del Colombo, or Colocut Ms. Title from spine of early 19th-century binding. In Venetian dialect of Italian. The codex assembles in one copy made ca. 1503 a number of reports dating from 1501 to ca. 1503,...
- Contributor: Anghiera, Pietro Martire D - Sá, João De - Trevisan, Angelo - Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1503