Maps Plano del Callao
About this Item
- Plano del Callao
- Contributor Names
- Gómez Ureran, Antonio.
- Created / Published
- [ca. 1756]
- Subject Headings
- - Callao Region (Callao, Peru)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Coasts--Peru--Callao Region (Callao)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Pacific Coast (Peru)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - Peru--Callao Region (Callao)
- - Peru--Pacific Coast
- - Shows coast of Peru in the region of Callao.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Watermarks: IV [unidentifiable watermark]; and, fleur-de-lis over the characters VDL.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 708
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Indexed.
- - Printed label describing the map mounted on verso.
- - Annotated in black ink in upper left corner: N. 6 [indecipherable].
- - Maggs number annotated in pencil in lower right corner: 22.
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 27 x 43 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G5314.C3A1 1756 .G6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsGómez Ureran, Antonio
LocationCallao Region (Callao)
SubjectsCallao Region (Callao)
Callao Region (Callao, Peru)
Early Works to 1800
Pacific Coast (Peru)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gómez Ureran, Antonio. Plano del Callao.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/90682889/. (Accessed February 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Gómez Ureran, A. (1756) Plano del Callao. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/90682889/.
MLA citation style:
Gómez Ureran, Antonio. Plano del Callao.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/90682889/>.