Maps [Thomas Hutchins' land grant and map to 2000 acres in West Florida]
About this Item
- [Thomas Hutchins' land grant and map to 2000 acres in West Florida]
- Contributor Names
- Durnford, Elias Walker, active 1770-1794.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Land grants--Louisiana--Baton Rouge Suburban Area--Early works to 1800
- - Baton Rouge Suburban Area (La.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Hutchins, Thomas,--1730-1789--Estate--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Louisiana--Baton Rouge Suburban Area
- - Shows land grant 4 miles east of the Mississippi River "slightly removed from Baton Rouge."
- - Title from vendor's letter.
- - Panel title: British patent to T. Hutchins, 1776, of 2000 a. of lands in Florida.
- - Date of "June 26, 1841" and indecipherable signature also on panel.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower edge.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Imperfect: Holes along fold lines.
- - Includes text.
- - "2443."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 52-84
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., vellum ; on sheet 40 x 33 cm., folded to 18 x 13 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4014.B3G465 1776 .D8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsDurnford, Elias Walker
LocationBaton Rouge Suburban Area
Baton Rouge Suburban Area
SubjectsBaton Rouge Suburban Area
Baton Rouge Suburban Area (La.)
Early Works to 1800
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Durnford, Elias Walker, Active. [Thomas Hutchins' land grant and map to 2000 acres in West Florida].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/90684037/. (Accessed December 05, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Durnford, E. W. (1841) [Thomas Hutchins' land grant and map to 2000 acres in West Florida]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/90684037/.
MLA citation style:
Durnford, Elias Walker, Active. [Thomas Hutchins' land grant and map to 2000 acres in West Florida].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/90684037/>.