Film, Video For the papoose Pour le papoose
digital viewing copy
About this Item
- For the papoose
- Pour le papoose
- A white man is tired of his Indian bride and falls in love with the daughter of a white settler. He escapes with the white girl and his child, but is pursued by his wife's brother, who in a desperate fight, kills him and rescues his sister's child.
- Pathé Frères (U.S.)
- Public Archives of Canada/Dawson City Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Pathe, 1912.
- - Indians of North America--Drama
- - Runaway husbands--Drama
- - Parental kidnapping--Drama
- - Brothers and sisters--Drama
- - Rescues--Drama
- Western films
- Short films
- Silent films
- Fiction films
- - French language translation title, Pour le papoose, is supplied for the France in America project.
- - Incomplete: parts of picture and end title lacking; heavy nitrate deterioration printed through.
- - Part of summary taken from Moving picture world, v. 12, p. 262.
- - Dawson No. 150.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: American film-index 1908-1915; Moving picture world, v. 12, p. 262, 374.
- 1 video file (digital) (ca. 10 min.) : si., b&w.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (inc.) (655 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (inc.) (655 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FEB 7246 (viewing print)
- FPB 2851 (dupe neg pic)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The materials in France in America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, France in America.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pathé Frères, U.S, and Public Archives Of Canada/Dawson City Collection. For the Papoose. United States: Pathe, 1912. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/90706439/.
APA citation style:
Pathé Frères, U. S. & Public Archives Of Canada/Dawson City Collection. (1912) For the Papoose. United States: Pathe. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/90706439/.
MLA citation style:
Pathé Frères, U.S, and Public Archives Of Canada/Dawson City Collection. For the Papoose. United States: Pathe, 1912. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/90706439/>.