Maps The Kingdom of France is represented under the form of a ship.
About this Item
- The Kingdom of France is represented under the form of a ship.
- Created / Published
- [London : s.n.], 1796.
- Subject Headings
- - France--Maps, Pictorial--Early works to 1800
- - France--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - France--History--Revolution, 1789-1799
- - France
- - Cartoon map showing monarchical France in the form of a sailing ship at sea.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Also shows administrative divisions (departments).
- - Text, calendar, and map names in English. Index of departments in French.
- - Title from first sentence of text at lower left.
- - "Published as the act directs, June 28th 1796, by the author, no. 49 Great Portland Street."
- - Paris meridian.
- - Watermark: 1794 J. Whatman.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text, index of departments, and extensive calendar of "Events of Paris from the beginning of the Revolution" thru Dec. 1795 in right and left margins.
- - LC copy torn, taped, and missing lower right corner of calendar of events.
- - Vault
- - Acquisitions control no. 91-13
- 1 map : hand col. ; 43 x 44 cm., on sheet 68 x 101 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G5831.A5 1795 .K5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Kingdom of France is represented under the form of a ship. [London: s.n, 1795] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/91680104/. (Accessed September 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1795) The Kingdom of France is represented under the form of a ship. [London: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/91680104/.
MLA citation style:
The Kingdom of France is represented under the form of a ship. [London: s.n, 1795] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/91680104/>.