Map Topographical map of Virginia between Washington and Manassas Junction.
About this Item
- Topographical map of Virginia between Washington and Manassas Junction.
- Contributor Names
- Magnus, Charles.
- Created / Published
- New York : Ch's Magnus, [1861?]
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Washington Metropolitan Area--History--Maps
- - Manassas Region (Va.)--History--Maps
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Metropolitan Area
- - United States--Virginia--Manassas Region
- - United States--Virginia
- - Shows Union and Confederate positions at "Battle of Bull Run, July 21st 1861."
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - In right margin at bottom: Guide to Mount Vernon by the Road Maker.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift (copy 1); Edward Stead; 25 Oct. 1991.
- - Includes index of "U.S. encampments at Arlington Heights" and hand col. ill. of U.S. Capitol in upper half of sheet.
- - DCP
- - CW3
- - Acquisitions control no.: 93-6
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col. ; 12 x 19 cm., on sheet 25 x 21 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.S5 1861 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- District of Columbia
- Manassas Region
- United States
- Washington D.C.
- Washington Metropolitan Area
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Magnus, Charles. Topographical map of Virginia between Washington and Manassas Junction. [New York: Ch's Magnus, ?, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/91686259/.
APA citation style:
Magnus, C. (1861) Topographical map of Virginia between Washington and Manassas Junction. [New York: Ch's Magnus, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/91686259/.
MLA citation style:
Magnus, Charles. Topographical map of Virginia between Washington and Manassas Junction. [New York: Ch's Magnus, ?, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/91686259/>.
More Maps like this
MapTopographical map of Virginia between Washington and Manassas Junction. Scale ca. 1:270,000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 451 Indicates Union and Confederate positions at "battle of Bull Run, July 21st 1861," Union encampments, towns, roads, the street pattern of Washington,...
- Contributor: Magnus, Charles
- Date: 1861
MapMap of the seat of war showing the battles of July 18th & 21st, 1861 "Entered according to act of Congress in the Clerks Office of the U.S. District Court by V.P. Corbett [in the year] 1861 for the Dist. of Colum[bi]a." "Map of northern Virginia showing...
- Contributor: A. Hoen & Co. - Corbett, V. P.
- Date: 1861
MapSeat of war, Manassas and its vicinity Scale ca. 1:322,000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 568 Confederate imprint. Shows "battle ground, July 18th," "battle ground July 21st," roads, railroads, towns, and drainage. "Blue Ridge," "Thorough Fare Mountains," and...
- Date: 1861
MapSketch of 2nd Manassas, August 29th 1862 ; sketch of 2nd Manassas, Aug. 30th, 1862. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 576 Shows roads, railroads, and troop positions. Copy 1 mounted on cloth. Copy 2 maps separated and mounted on cloth. Both copies extensively annotated in ink....
- Date: 1862
Map[Map of the Manassas battlefield area in Northern Virginia Shows roads, railroads, fortifications, settlements, farmhouses with owners' names, and woodlands. Does not show troop positions or movements. Relief shown by contours (10-ft. intervals), hachures, form lines, and spot heights. Wall map...
- Contributor: Hotchkiss, Jedediah
- Date: 186?