Book/Printed Material The race problem in the churches
About this Item
- The race problem in the churches
- McGuinn, a "general missionary" in Maryland, looks at southern attitudes towards African Americans and finds southerners quite prejudiced. He then looks at black, especially Baptist, churches in the South and finds much good and some bad and says that the Gospel is the way to govern relations in the church and among men.
- McGuinn, Robert A.
- Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Baltimore, Md. : Printing Office of J.F. Weishampel ..., c
- - African American churches
- - Race relations--Religious aspects--Christianity
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy has inscription in ink on t.p.: 1890.
- 59 p. ; 21 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- E449 .D16 vol. E, no. 20
- E185 .Z9 box 1, no. 23
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress African American Perspectives collection have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mcguinn, Robert A, and Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. The Race Problem in the Churches. [Baltimore, Md.: Printing Office of J.F. Weishampel, 1890] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/91898131/.
APA citation style:
McGuinn, R. A. & Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. (1890) The Race Problem in the Churches. [Baltimore, Md.: Printing Office of J.F. Weishampel] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/91898131/.
MLA citation style:
Mcguinn, Robert A, and Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. The Race Problem in the Churches. [Baltimore, Md.: Printing Office of J.F. Weishampel, 1890] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/91898131/>.