Book/Printed Material Polite and cultured conversation.
About this Item
- Polite and cultured conversation.
- An essay on the delights of the art of conversation and the need to educate for and to practice good conversation. Wears, a barber and Republican politician in Philadelphia, was active in the struggle for Black voting rights and served as president of the Social, Civil, and Statistical Assocation of the Colored People of Pennsylvania.
- Wears, Isaiah C., 1822-1901.
- Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [Philadelphia : I.C. Wears?, 1900?]
- - Conversation
- - Caption title.
- - Signed on p. 18: Isaiah C. Wears ... Philadelphia.
- - LC copy has inscription in ink on cover: Phil. 1899 author; amended in pencil: ca. 1900.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 18 p. ; 21 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- E449 .D16 vol. B, no. 23
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress African American Perspectives collection have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wears, Isaiah C, and Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. Polite and Cultured Conversation. [Philadelphia: I.C. Wears?, ?, 1900] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/91898262/.
APA citation style:
Wears, I. C. & Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. (1900) Polite and Cultured Conversation. [Philadelphia: I.C. Wears?, ?] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/91898262/.
MLA citation style:
Wears, Isaiah C, and Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. Polite and Cultured Conversation. [Philadelphia: I.C. Wears?, ?, 1900] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/91898262/>.