Book/Printed Material Oration delivered on Emancipation Day, January 2nd 1888
About this Item
- Oration delivered on Emancipation Day, January 2nd 1888
- Love hails emancipation as the greatest event in the history of African Americans, but notes that it did not deliver honor, fame, wealth, civil rights, etc., which blacks must earn for themselves. He believes blacks and whites should remain separate racially and educationally, but they should work together to build a great nation. Emanuel K. Love, a prominent Baptist cleric, was at this time a minister in Savannah, Ga.
- Love, E. K. (Emanuel King), 1850-1900.
- Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [Savannah, Ga. : s.n., 1888]
- - United States.--President (1861-1865 : Lincoln).--Emancipation Proclamation
- - African Americans--Civil rights
- - African Americans--Social conditions
- - Caption title.
- - "From the Savannah tribune."
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 8 p. ; 19 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- E449 .D16 vol. C, no. 7
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress African American Perspectives collection have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Love, E. K, and Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. Oration delivered on Emancipation Day, January 2nd. [Savannah, Ga.: s.n, 1888] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/91898263/.
APA citation style:
Love, E. K. & Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. (1888) Oration delivered on Emancipation Day, January 2nd. [Savannah, Ga.: s.n] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/91898263/.
MLA citation style:
Love, E. K, and Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. Oration delivered on Emancipation Day, January 2nd. [Savannah, Ga.: s.n, 1888] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/91898263/>.