Book/Printed Material The racial problem
About this Item
- The racial problem
- Holsey was a bishop in the Colored Methodist Episcopal Church. He deals with the "race problem" and advocates racial separation of Black and white races in the U.S. and the creation of a separate state within the American union for African Americans. Includes replies to Holsey in the Atlanta Constitution newspaper.
- Holsey, Lucius Henry, Bishop, 1842-1920.
- Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Atlanta, Ga. : S.L. Holsey, Printer, 1900.
- - African Americans--Segregation
- - Cover title.
- - "The following article on the race problem was written by Bishop Holsey, and published in the Atlanta Constitution Aug. 30, 1899." -- P. 3.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 26 p. : 1 port. ; 20 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- E449 .D16 vol. 21, no. 2
- E449 .D16 vol. C, no. 14 Copy 2. Wrappers wanting.
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress African American Perspectives collection have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Holsey, Lucius Henry, Bishop, and Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. The Racial Problem. Atlanta, Ga.: S.L. Holsey, Printer, 1900. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/91898499/.
APA citation style:
Holsey, L. H. & Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. (1900) The Racial Problem. Atlanta, Ga.: S.L. Holsey, Printer. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/91898499/.
MLA citation style:
Holsey, Lucius Henry, Bishop, and Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection. The Racial Problem. Atlanta, Ga.: S.L. Holsey, Printer, 1900. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/91898499/>.