Map Chokurei, Kanan, Santō, Sansei ryokō endōzu Zhili, Henan, Shandong, Shanxi lü xing yan dao tu
About this Item
- Chokurei, Kanan, Santō, Sansei ryokō endōzu
- Zhili, Henan, Shandong, Shanxi lü xing yan dao tu
- Makino, Tomegorō.
Created / Published
- Meiji 20 
- - Roads--China--Maps
- - China--Strategic aspects--Maps
- - China--Maps, Manuscript
- - China
- - Shows topography, rivers, towns, villages, roads in 4 provinces of eastern China, including Zhili (present Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, and western Liaoning), Henan, Shandong, and Shanxi, especially southwest Beijing area of Baoding, Taihang Mountain.
- - Also shows military installations.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Sheets separately subtitled with place names, e.g. Pekin (Peking).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Index map on verso.
- - ARP
- 29 ms. maps : col. ; 37 x 43 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7821.P2 s200 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Makino, Tomegorō. Chokurei, Kanan, Santō, Sansei ryokō endōzu. [Meiji 20, 1887] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/92682896/.
APA citation style:
Makino, T. (1887) Chokurei, Kanan, Santō, Sansei ryokō endōzu. [Meiji 20] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/92682896/.
MLA citation style:
Makino, Tomegorō. Chokurei, Kanan, Santō, Sansei ryokō endōzu. [Meiji 20, 1887] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/92682896/>.