Map Cheonhado. 天下圖. / Map of all under heaven
About this Item
- Map of all under heaven
Created / Published
- Chungguk sipsamsŏng to -- [Segye to]
- - China--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - World maps, Manuscript
- - China
- - Earth
- - One map shows Ming Empire of China and the other map shows the world.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Title from verso in red ink: Chʻŏnha Chungguk.
- - Possibly based on early map (date unknown) with addition of up-to-date place names.
- - Alternate title previous supplied: Da ming hun yi tian xia quan tu.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; 1992; Andrew Saylor.
- - Acquisitions control no. 92-5d
- - 中国十三省图 -- [世界图]
- 2 maps on 1 sheet : ms., col. ; 29 x 29 cm. and 27 x 27 cm., sheet 32 x 64 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7820 1800 .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cheonhado. [?, 1800] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/93684246/.
APA citation style:
(1800) Cheonhado. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/93684246/.
MLA citation style:
Cheonhado. [?, 1800] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/93684246/>.