Audio Recording Black perspectives University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana concert
Black perspectives : University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana concert
About this Item
- Black perspectives University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana concert
- Features Michael S. Harper reading several of his poems from various collections including Dear John, dear Coltrane and History is your own heartbeat, while cellist Ron De Vaughan plays cello accompaniment during and between the reading of the poems.
- Harper, Michael S., 1938-2016
- De Vaughan, Ron. prf
- Archive of Recorded Poetry and Literature (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Introductions -- Brother John -- Alone -- For Bud -- We assume: on the death of our son, Reuben Masai Harper -- Deathwatch -- Dear John, dear Coltrane -- The dark way home: survivors -- Love medley: Patrice Cuchulain -- Good Samaritan Hospital -- This is my son's song: Ungie, hi Ungie -- History as bandages: polka dots, and moonbeams -- Vitamin K: don't bleed on me -- Here where Coltrane is -- Madimba: Gwendolyn Brooks -- Time for Tyner: folksong -- Misson: 1 January 70 -- Bird lives: Charles Parker in St. Louis -- History as rat poison: Gailgone: Gail's song -- Christian's box seat: so what! -- High modes: vision as ritual: confirmation.
- - Part of the Archive of Recorded Poetry and Literature.
- - Recorded May 12, 1971, at the University of Illinois, Urbana.
- 1 sound tape reel (67 min.) : analog, 7 1/2 ips, double track, mono. ; 10 in. + program information ( p.)
Call Number/Physical Location
- LWO 7336
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
“Streaming Audio Use Restrictions: The recordings on this page are provided for reference, research, and educational purposes only. No portion of any recording may be reproduced, redistributed, or otherwise made available by any third-party, for any purpose, without prior written authorization from the rights holder.”
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Harper, Michael S, Ron. Prf De Vaughan, and Archive Of Recorded Poetry And Literature. Black perspectives University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana concert. 1971. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/93842257/.
APA citation style:
Harper, M. S., De Vaughan, R. P. & Archive Of Recorded Poetry And Literature. (1971) Black perspectives University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana concert. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/93842257/.
MLA citation style:
Harper, Michael S, Ron. Prf De Vaughan, and Archive Of Recorded Poetry And Literature. Black perspectives University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana concert. 1971. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/93842257/>.