Audio Recording Dominican Poet Rei Berroa reads his poetry and plays the guitar
Rei Berroa reads his poetry and plays the guitar
About this Item
- Dominican Poet Rei Berroa reads his poetry and plays the guitar
- Dominican Republican poet Rei Berroa accompanies himself on the guitar as he recites and sings his poems in Spanish.
- Contributor Names
- Berroa, Rei.
- Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- From El oficio del poeta: poetica: El pensamiento poético (excerpt) (min. 00:48); Filación: La poesía, el hombre (excerpt) (min. 13:20) -- From En el reino de la ausencia: Balada de la luna (min. 21:08); Después de todo (min. 21:50); Ritornello con arugas (min. 23:09); Cada día es de tarde (min. 24:17); Las cinchas (min. 26:20) -- From Retazos para un traje de tierra: Los atuendos (min. 28:00); Ni cantos (min. 29:28); Ies (min. 30:35); Su poema (min. 32:00); Sucesos (min. 32:35) -- From Los otros: Canción para no cantar (min. 33:40); El puente (min. 36:08); Si alguien canta (min. 37:00); El viejo (min. 38:17); Los negros, el sudor, la alegria (min. 39:28); El hombre de las aceras (min. 41:12); Lamentaciones de Abelardo (min. 42:48); Las mandíbulas del tiempo (min. 43:57); El amigo que amanece (min. 47:05) -- From Libro de los fragmentos: Portico para el lector (min. 49:13); IX (min. 50:30); I (min. 51:00).
- Subject Headings
- - Dominican Republic--Poetry
- - Recorded May 13, 1987, in the Library of Congress Recording Laboratory, studio B, Washington, D.C.
- - Recorded for the Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 1 sound tape reel (ca. 60 min.) : analog, 7 1/2 ips, full track, mono. ; 10 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- RWB 4700
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to The PALABRA Archive for educational, reference, and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of the materials in the Collection.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Hispanic Division
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Berroa, Rei, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Dominican Poet Rei Berroa reads his poetry and plays the guitar. 1987. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/93842275/.
APA citation style:
Berroa, R. & Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. (1987) Dominican Poet Rei Berroa reads his poetry and plays the guitar. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/93842275/.
MLA citation style:
Berroa, Rei, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Dominican Poet Rei Berroa reads his poetry and plays the guitar. 1987. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/93842275/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingDominican poet Zaidy Zouain reading from her work Ms. Zouain reads from her poetry collection, Lilibeth.
- Contributor: Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress) - Zouain, Zaidy
- Date: 1980
Audio RecordingDominican poet Héctor Incháustegui Cabral reading from his work In Spanish. Recorded Sept. 16, 1975, in the Library of Congress Recording Laboratory, Washington, D.C. Recorded for the Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape. Production level cataloging. Also available in digital form...
- Contributor: Incháustegui Cabral, Héctor - Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1975
Audio RecordingDominican poet Enriquillo Rojas Abreu reading from his work Mr. Enriquillo Rojas Abreu reads from his following works: Trotacielos: homenaje a Louis Armstrong, Parábola del viaje, Antipuerto, and Carta a un libertador.
- Contributor: Rojas Abreu, Enriquillo - Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1974
Audio RecordingDominican-American author Julia Álvarez reading from her work Ms. Álvarez reads from her following works: The other side/ el otro lado, homecoming, and the woman I kept to myself.
- Contributor: Alvarez, Julia - Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2015
Audio RecordingDominican writer José Gabriel Alcántara Almánzar reading from his prose Mr. Jose Gabriel Alcantara Almanzar reads from his following work: Las máscaras de la seduccíon
- Contributor: Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress) - Alcántara Almánzar, José
- Date: 1987