Audio Recording Uruguayan writer and poet Washington Benavides reading from his work
Uruguayan writer and poet Wáshington Benavides reading from his work
About this Item
- Uruguayan writer and poet Washington Benavides reading from his work
- Mr. Benavides reads from Las milongas and Fontefrida.
- Benavides, Washington
- Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- From Las milongas: Con los aujeros (min. 00:45); El otro (min. 1:55) -- From Fontefrida: Prologo (min. 03:28); Una violeta blanca (min. 04:48); Largo piolín oscuro (min. 5:36); Sentado junto al río (min. 6:34); Una paloma, dos (min. 08:01); Busco la fontefrida (min. 09:17); Despertar de invierno (min. 11:21).
- - Uruguay--Poetry
- - In Spanish.
- - Recorded June 16, 1977, at USIS Montevideo.
- - Recorded for the Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape.
- - Production level cataloging.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 1 sound tape reel : analog, 7 1/2 ips ; 7 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- LWO 9664
Library of Congress Control Number
- Collection is open for research. To request materials, please contact the Hispanic Reading Room.
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The PALABRA Archive for educational, reference, and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of the materials in the Collection.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Hispanic Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Benavides, Washington, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Uruguayan writer and poet Washington Benavides reading from his work. 1977. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/93842423/.
APA citation style:
Benavides, W. & Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. (1977) Uruguayan writer and poet Washington Benavides reading from his work. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/93842423/.
MLA citation style:
Benavides, Washington, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Uruguayan writer and poet Washington Benavides reading from his work. 1977. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/93842423/>.