Manuscript/Mixed Material Storia delle navig. [i.e. navigazioni] del Colo. [i.e. Colombo, or Colocut]. Storia delle navig. del Colo. / Storia delle navigazioni del Colombo, or Colocut
About this Item
- Storia delle navig. [i.e. navigazioni] del Colo. [i.e. Colombo, or Colocut].
- Other Title
- Storia delle navig. del Colo.
- Storia delle navigazioni del Colombo, or Colocut
- Contributor Names
- Trevisan, Angelo, -1507 or 1508.
- Sá, João de, active 15th century-16th century.
- Anghiera, Pietro Martire d', 1457-1526.
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - America--Early accounts to 1600
- - Manuscripts, Italian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Ms.
- - Title from spine of early 19th-century binding.
- - In Venetian dialect of Italian.
- - The codex assembles in one copy made ca. 1503 a number of reports dating from 1501 to ca. 1503, notably: (ff. 1a-30a) Angelo Trevisan's Italian version, accompanied by four covering letters, of Pietro Martire d'Anghiera's reports on the first three voyages of Columbus (published later as De Orbe Novo, decas 1), with a controversial addition (68b-71b); the anonymous journal by a participant (João de Sá ?) of Cabral's voyage: Nauigatione de Colochut (35b-58a); information obtained from Joseph, the Indian priest of Cranganore (71b-82b; the only known ms. of this text); intelligence reports by Giovanni Matteo Cretico, Girolamo Sernigi, Pietro Pasqueligo, Gianfrancesco Affaitati.
- - Text begins: Copia de littere mandate per Anzolo Treuisan canziler del m[agnifi]co messier Domenego Pisani ...
- - Former owners: Domenico Malipieri?; Jacopo Soranzo; Matteo Canonici; Rev. Walter Sneyd (his ex libris); J.B. Thacher. Given to LC in 1927.
- - Written in Venice, all in one hybrid hand.
- - The texts were included in printed publications of the early 16th century, notably in Paesi nouamente retrouati (ed. Fracanzano da Montalboddo, Vicenza, 1507). The section of the codex dealing with Columbus has been edited by Angela Caracciolo Aricò under title Lettere sul Nuovo Mondo (Venezia, 1993).
- - Ricci, S. de. Medieval and Renaissance mss., p. 205, no. 41
- - Ricci, S. de. Medieval and Renaissance mss. (suppl.), p. 117, no. 26
- - LAC nsk 2019-04-08 no edits (4 cards)
- - Cataloged as manuscript. vj04 13oc94
- - Shelved at end of manuscripts.
- 84 leaves (leaves 83-84 blank), bound ; 24 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- E141 .T74 1503
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- Anghiera, Pietro Martire D
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress)
- Sá, João De
- Trevisan, Angelo
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Trevisan, Angelo, -1507 Or 1508, João De Sá, Pietro Martire D' Anghiera, and Medieval And Renaissance Manuscripts Collection. Storia delle navig. i.e. navigazioni del Colo. i.e. Colombo, or Colocut. ?, 1503. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/94218598/.
APA citation style:
Trevisan, A., Sá, J. D., Anghiera, P. M. D. & Medieval And Renaissance Manuscripts Collection. (1503) Storia delle navig. i.e. navigazioni del Colo. i.e. Colombo, or Colocut. ?. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/94218598/.
MLA citation style:
Trevisan, Angelo, -1507 Or 1508, et al. Storia delle navig. i.e. navigazioni del Colo. i.e. Colombo, or Colocut. ?, 1503. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/94218598/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLibro de arte coquinaria
Libro de arte coqvinaria Ms. codex. Italian. Title from caption, leaf 2. The 64 textual leaves are preceded by one blank leaf and followed by 18 blank leaves. Manuscript recipe on rear pastedown in a different...
- Contributor: Maestro Martino - Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress) - Vehling, Joseph Dommers - Bitting, A. W. (Arvill Wayne) - Bitting, K. G. (Katherine Golden)
- Date: 1460
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Breviary]. Ms. Written in Paris. The primary contents, written probably in the 3rd quarter of the 13th cent., are on leaves 18-505 (as foliated in modern pencil). Additional matter added closer to 1300...
- Contributor: Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress) - Catholic Church
- Date: 1260
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Benedictine rule for nuns in Middle English ; a Middle English version of the Gospel of ... Ms. codex. Middle English; some Latin. Title and description derived from the full description in Library of Congress. Medieval and Renaissance manuscript books in the Library of Congress, v. 2, p. 143-154,...
- Contributor: Benedict - Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1400
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Thesaurus pauperum, in Italian ; Nicolaus, Experimenta in Italian ; On the medicinal value of precious ... Manuscript. In Italian and Latin. Title from de Ricci. Thin yellowish parchment, 2 columns, written in brown ink in several hands; 37 lines; foliation is later, in brown ink, with 43 appearing...
- Contributor: Albertus - Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress) - Kunz, George Frederick - John XXI
- Date: 1300
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Codex diplomaticus.]
Washington codex | Book of privileges | Columbus codex | Christopher Columbus papers Cataloged from surrogates: information from de Ricci and J.W. Hessler. Christopher Columbus Book of privileges ..., 2014. Documents in Spanish and Latin. Ms. codex cartulary. The work of several scribes in script...
- Contributor: Columbus, Christopher - Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress) - Spain. Sovereign ( : Ferdinand V and Isabella I) - Everett, Edward - Everett, William - Catholic Church. Pope ( : Alexander VI)
- Date: 1502