Film, Video Broadway & Union Square, New York
About this Item
- Broadway & Union Square, New York
- Other Title
- Broadway and Union Square, New York
- A horse-drawn street car with a sign for Broadway pulls away from the camera with a full compliment of passengers. Another approaches the camera position and they pass. The first car stops to pick up and drop off passengers. Pedestrians walk pass on both sides of the street.
- Contributor Names
- Marvin, Arthur W., 1861-1911, camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903.
- Subject Headings
- - Horse-drawn rail cars--New York (State)--New York
- - Broadway (New York, N.Y.)
- - Union Square (New York, N.Y.)
- - Transportation--New York (State)--New York
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H33290 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 8Jul1903; H33290.
- - Main title lacking.
- - Camera, Arthur W. Marvin.
- - Duration: 0:22 at 15 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1389) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Photographed August 19, 1901. Location: Broadway and 14th Street, New York, N.Y.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Niver. K. Early motion pictures, p. 37; Catalog of copyright entries: motion pictures, 1894-1912, p. 8.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - Copy one 35 mm. dupe neg pic renumbered: FPE 7198 to FZA 2317.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (16 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (16 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4403 (viewing print)
- FEB 9818 (viewing print)
- FRA 0317 (dupe neg pic)
- FZA 2317 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 5557 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- Box 0161C (paper pos)
- Box 5009B (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmerican Mutoscope and Biograph Company
Marvin, Arthur W.
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Broadway (new York, N.Y.)
Horse-Drawn Rail Cars
New York (state)
Union Square (new York, N.Y.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.More information about American Memory and Copyright.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Marvin, Arthur W., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Broadway & Union Square, New York. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/94500023/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Marvin, A. W., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1903) Broadway & Union Square, New York. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/94500023/.
MLA citation style:
Marvin, Arthur W., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Broadway & Union Square, New York. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/94500023/>.