Map The elementary schools of Manhattan
About this Item
- The elementary schools of Manhattan
- New York (N.Y.). Board of Education. Central Zoning Unit.
- Clark, Kenneth Bancroft, 1914-2005.
- Turner, Francis A.
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.). Office of the President.
Created / Published
- - Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Elementary schools--New York (State)--New York--Maps
- - School districts--New York (State)--New York--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--New York--Manhattan
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - Shows school locations, nos., and district boundaries.
- - In title area: Date 9/29/60.
- - Title in india ink on rubber-stamped sheet affixed at lower right.
- - Printed at head of title: Office of the President, Borough of Manhattan.
- - From the papers of Kenneth B. Clark in LC Manuscript Division.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Red and india inks, red and blue pencils, and lead pencil on black-and-white printed street base map.
- - Direction arrow and small correction areas printed on cut-out slips affixed to recto.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy brittle, torn, fold-lined, missing small sections, taped, and stained.
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 48 x 155 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.N4:2M3E68 1960 .N4
- Clark, Kenneth Bancroft, Kenneth Bancroft Clark map collection
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Clark, Kenneth Bancroft
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.). Office of the President
- New York (N.Y.). Board of Education. Central Zoning Unit
- Turner, Francis A.
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
New York . Board Of Education. Central Zoning Unit, Kenneth Bancroft Clark, Francis A Turner, and Manhattan . Office Of The President. The elementary schools of Manhattan.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/94686304/.
APA citation style:
New York . Board Of Education. Central Zoning Unit, Clark, K. B., Turner, F. A. & Manhattan . Office Of The President. (1960) The elementary schools of Manhattan. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/94686304/.
MLA citation style:
New York . Board Of Education. Central Zoning Unit, et al. The elementary schools of Manhattan.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/94686304/>.