Film, Video Charity ball
About this Item
- Charity ball
- A man in formal dinner clothes and a woman in a white ruffled dress with a flower corsage and white shoes execute various dance steps designed as exhibition dancing. The set is bare, without backdrops or props. The couple's feet are not evident at times in the frame, and the dance appears to have been shot in relatively slow motion.
- Contributor Names
- Heise, William, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1897.
- Subject Headings
- - Ballroom dancing--United States
- - Dance--United States
- - Silent films
- - 53737 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 24Sept1897; 53737.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Duration: 0:34 at 22 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the paper print chosen best copy of two for digitization; for other holdings on this title, see the M/B/RS Paper Print database.
- - Summary adapted from K.R. Niver, Early motion pictures, 1985, p. 52.
- - Available on the Internet; Library of Congress World Wide Web site (http://lcweb.loc.gov)
- - NCN046286; The charity ball.
- - Filmed in Edison's "Black Maria" studio in West Orange, New Jersey.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995; Musser, C. The emergence of cinema, 1990, p. 234.
- - Received: 11/23/94 from LC film lab; ref print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 6/21/94 from LC film lab; dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 9/24/1897; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (46 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (46 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 roll (46 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEC 2183 (ref print)
- FPE 7689 (dupe neg)
- LC 1356a (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Kelley, James T.
Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Charity Ball. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1897. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96519340/. (Accessed December 06, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Heise, W., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1897) Charity Ball. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96519340/.
MLA citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Charity Ball. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1897. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/96519340/>.