Film, Video Sandow
About this Item
- Other Title
- Sandow (no breathing)
- Created / Published
- [American Mutoscope Company, United States, 1896?], monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Strong men -- United States
- - Bodybuilding -- United States
- - Bodybuilders -- United States
- - Physical education and training -- United States
- - Muscle tone
- - Silent films
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 11June1903; H32496.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - K.R. Niver and the AFI catalog both believe this film was shot years before its 1903 copyright date, at the same time a Mutoscope card (copyright 12/18/1896) was produced. The AFI cat. gives an estimated date of original release as Sept. 1896.
- - Duration: 0:24 at 16 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the paper print chosen best copy of two for digitization; for other holdings on this title, see the M/B/RS Paper Print database.
- - According to vaudeville historian Joe Laurie, Jr., Sandow--who was managed by Flo Ziegfeld--was "the greatest of the strong men and who received the most publicity" (Vaudeville, 1972, p. 33).
- - Catalog no. 38; code name (for telegraphic orders) Modoliamo.
- - NCN046340; Sandow.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902 [MI], p. 55; Biograph photo catalog, v. 1 [MI].
- - Filmed ca. 1896 in the Biograph New York City studio. (venue)
- - Available on the Internet; Library of Congress World Wide Web site (http://lcweb.loc.gov) (additional physical form)
- motion picture
- 1 reel of 1 (24 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (24 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 roll (24 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sandow. [American Mutoscope Company, United States, ?, monographic, 1896] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96519730/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1896) Sandow. [American Mutoscope Company, United States, ?, monographic] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96519730/.
MLA citation style:
Sandow. [American Mutoscope Company, United States, ?, monographic, 1896] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/96519730/>.