Film, Video Foxy Grandpa and Polly in a little hilarity
About this Item
- Foxy Grandpa and Polly in a little hilarity
- Opens on a stage with a stone fence and a painted backdrop of a forest or garden. Husband and wife team of Hart and DeMar as cartoon characters Foxy Grandpa and Polly enter hand-in-hand from behind the fence. Grandpa has a bald pate with bushy white hair on the sides, a big bulbous nose, and a potbelly, dressed in a light-colored suit with a vest and spats and carrying a bowler in his left hand. Polly wears a ruffled, light-colored dress with dark trim that goes to her ankles, a bedecked bonnet, white stockings, heeled shoes, and a choker around her neck. Both are smiling broadly as they reach center stage and begin their vaudeville-style dance, with tap, soft shoe, and other synchronized leg movements and twirls in what appears to be a ragtime rhythm.
- Contributor Names
- Hart, Joseph, 1858-1921, cast.
- DeMar, Carrie, cast.
- Bonine, R. (Robert K.), camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902.
- Subject Headings
- - Dance--United States
- - Vaudeville--United States
- - Foxy Grandpa (Fictitious character)--Drama
- - Polly (Fictitious character)--Drama
- - Silent films
- - H18034 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 23May1902; H18034.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Camera, Robert K. Bonine.
- - Joseph J. Hart (Foxy Grandpa), Carrie DeMar (Polly).
- - Duration: 0:30 at 16 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the paper print chosen best copy of two for digitization; for other holdings on this title, see the M/B/RS Paper Print database.
- - Catalog no. 2146; code name (for telegraphic orders) Garatorum.
- - Available on the Internet; Library of Congress World Wide Web site (http://lcweb.loc.gov)
- - NCN046315; Foxy Grandpa and Polly in a little hilarity.
- - Based on the musical Foxy Grandpa by William A. Brady, which was based on the comic strip by Carl E. "Bunny" Schultz.
- - Filmed May 17, 1902, in the Biograph New York City studio.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902 [MI], p. 63; Biograph bulletins 1896-1908, 1971, p. 75-76; Musser, C. The emergence of cinema, 1990, p. 308.
- - Received: 12/14/94 from LC film lab; arch pos; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 11/23/94 from LC film lab; arch neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1/10/95 from LC film lab; masterpos; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 5/23/02; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. arch pos.
- 1 reel of 1 (30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. arch neg.
- 1 reel of 1 (30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. masterpos.
- 1 roll (30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FPE 7557 (arch pos)
- FPE 7555 (arch neg)
- FPE 7558 (masterpos)
- LC 1342a (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmerican Mutoscope and Biograph Company
Bonine, R. (Robert K.)
Brady, William A.
Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Filmed Vaudeville Acts
Foxy Grandpa (Fictitious Character)
Polly (Fictitious Character)
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hart, Joseph, Cast, Carrie Demar, R Bonine, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Foxy Grandpa and Polly in a little hilarity. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96520413/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Hart, J., Demar, C., Bonine, R., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1902) Foxy Grandpa and Polly in a little hilarity. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96520413/.
MLA citation style:
Hart, Joseph, Cast, et al. Foxy Grandpa and Polly in a little hilarity. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/96520413/>.