Map A topographical map of a part of northern New Jersey Northern New Jersey / Map of northern N.J.
About this Item
- A topographical map of a part of northern New Jersey
- Northern New Jersey
- Map of northern N.J.
- New Jersey Geological Survey.
- Howell, George W., 1835-1901.
- Vermeule, C. C. (Cornelius Clarkson), 1858-1950.
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
Created / Published
- [Trenton?] : Geological Survey of New Jersey, 1882
- - Newark Region (N.J.)--Maps
- - Newark Metropolitan Area (N.J.)--Maps
- - New Jersey--Maps
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Newark Region
- - United States--New Jersey--Newark Metropolitan Area
- - United States--New Jersey
- - United States--New York (State)
- Topographic maps
- - Covers Newark region and adjacent part of New York City.
- - Relief shown by contours and spot heights.
- - Cover spine title: Map of northern N.J. / Howell and Vermeule.
- - Includes notes.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy formerly catalogued as book in PreMARC database under classification QE141.A25 1882.
- 1 map : col., sectioned and mounted on cloth backing ; 89 x 89 cm., folded in cover 34 x 27 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3814.N5A1 1882 .N4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Howell, George W.
- New Jersey Geological Survey
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey
- Vermeule, C. C. (Cornelius Clarkson)
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York (State)
- New York City
- Newark Metropolitan Area
- Newark Region
- United States
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
New Jersey Geological Survey, George W Howell, C. C Vermeule, and U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey. A topographical map of a part of northern New Jersey. [Trenton?: Geological Survey of New Jersey, 1882] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/96684039/.
APA citation style:
New Jersey Geological Survey, Howell, G. W., Vermeule, C. C. & U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey. (1882) A topographical map of a part of northern New Jersey. [Trenton?: Geological Survey of New Jersey] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96684039/.
MLA citation style:
New Jersey Geological Survey, et al. A topographical map of a part of northern New Jersey. [Trenton?: Geological Survey of New Jersey, 1882] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/96684039/>.