Map Nova Virginiæ tabula.
About this Item
- Nova Virginiæ tabula.
- Contributor Names
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651.
- Created / Published
- Amstelodami : Ex officina Henrici Hondii, [1644?]
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia
- - Copy has date annotated on verso: 1644.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Includes col. ill.
- - German text on verso.
- - Gift; From the collection of Dr. Gerald D. Aurbach, given in his memory by his wife, Hanna, and daughters, Elissa and Pamela.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 94-27
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col. ; 38 x 49 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1644 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Copy has date annotated on verso: 1644. Relief shown pictorially. Oriented with north to the right. Includes col. ill. German text on verso. Gift; From the collection of Dr. Gerald D. Aurbach, given in his memory by his wife, Hanna, and daughters, Elissa and Pamela. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Acquisitions control no. 94-27 Vault
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hondius, Hendrik. Nova Virginiæ tabula. [Amstelodami: Ex officina Henrici Hondii, ?, 1644] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/96684629/.
APA citation style:
Hondius, H. (1644) Nova Virginiæ tabula. [Amstelodami: Ex officina Henrici Hondii, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96684629/.
MLA citation style:
Hondius, Hendrik. Nova Virginiæ tabula. [Amstelodami: Ex officina Henrici Hondii, ?, 1644] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/96684629/>.