About this Item
- Hall, Ralph, active 1637.
Created / Published
- [London : Printed for Michaell Sparke, and are to be sowld in greene Arbowre, 1637]
- - Virginia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - This map was issued with but not integral to Historia mundi, and is either inserted or pasted in some copies, appearing in various locations in the text.
- - Phillips, 451
- - Phillips, 4255
- - Includes ill.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 24-85
- 1 map : hand col. ; 17 x 23 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1636 .H2
- Issued with: Mercator, Gerhard, 1512-1594. Historia mundi, or, Mercator's atlas, containing his cosmologicall descriptions of the fabricke and figure of the world, 1637
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hall, Ralph, Active 1637. Virginia. [London: Printed for Michaell Sparke, and are to be sowld in greene Arbowre, 1636] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/96684632/.
APA citation style:
Hall, R. (1636) Virginia. [London: Printed for Michaell Sparke, and are to be sowld in greene Arbowre] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96684632/.
MLA citation style:
Hall, Ralph, Active 1637. Virginia. [London: Printed for Michaell Sparke, and are to be sowld in greene Arbowre, 1636] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/96684632/>.