Maps Nansenbushū bankoku shōka no zu /
About this Item
- Nansenbushū bankoku shōka no zu /
- Other Title
- Bankoku shōka no zu.
- Contributor Names
- Sōshun, 1659?-1738.
- Created / Published
- [Kyoto] : Bundaiken Uhei, 
- Subject Headings
- - World maps--Early works to 1800
- - Earth
- - Shows the world, based on knowledge from numerous famous Chinese and Japanese classics and Buddhism.
- - Depths shown pictorially.
- - Wood block print.
- - Map and author, Hōtan, listed in Imago Mundi's Review of early cartography, v. 10, 1954. "... prototype of Buddhist world maps."
- - Bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 94-37
- 1 map ; 115 x 143 cm., folded in cover 24 x 18 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1710 .H61
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sōshun, 1659?-1738. Nansenbushū Bankoku Shōka No Zu. [Kyoto: Bundaiken Uhei, 1710] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96685908. (Accessed February 14, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sōshun, 1. (1710) Nansenbushū Bankoku Shōka No Zu. [Kyoto: Bundaiken Uhei] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96685908.
MLA citation style:
Sōshun, 1659?-1738. Nansenbushū Bankoku Shōka No Zu. [Kyoto: Bundaiken Uhei, 1710] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/96685908>.