Map Insulae Iavae
About this Item
- Insulae Iavae
- Reelant, Adriaan, 1676-1718.
- Keulen, Gerard van.
Created / Published
- T Amsterdam : by Gerard van Keulen aan de Nieuwe brug met previlegie, [171-?]
- Pars occidentalis -- Pars Orientalis.
- - Java (Indonesia)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Jakarta (Indonesia)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Indonesia--Java
- - Indonesia--Jakarta
- - Also shows part of Sumatra.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Title and notes in Latin. Place-names and scale statements in Dutch.
- - Prime meridian: Ferro.
- - Probable atlas plates with central fold line. Not numbered.
- - Includes text, col. view of Jakarta, inset of Jakarta, and some cities are marked with gilt.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col. ; 50 x 116 cm., sheet 55 x 69 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G8090 171- .R4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Reelant, Adriaan, and Gerard Van Keulen. Insulae Iavae. [T Amsterdam: by Gerard van Keulen aan de Nieuwe brug met previlegie, 171-?, 1710] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/96686647/.
APA citation style:
Reelant, A. & Keulen, G. V. (1710) Insulae Iavae. [T Amsterdam: by Gerard van Keulen aan de Nieuwe brug met previlegie, 171-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96686647/.
MLA citation style:
Reelant, Adriaan, and Gerard Van Keulen. Insulae Iavae. [T Amsterdam: by Gerard van Keulen aan de Nieuwe brug met previlegie, 171-?, 1710] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/96686647/>.