Map Virginia, Marylandia et Carolina in America septentrionali Brittannorum industria excultæ
About this Item
- Virginia, Marylandia et Carolina in America septentrionali Brittannorum industria excultæ
- Homann, Johann Baptist, 1663-1724.
Created / Published
- Norimbergæ : [s.n., 17--]
- - Atlantic States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Atlantic States
- - Also covers Delaware, southern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, western Long Island, southwestern Connecticut, and portions of adjacent areas.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Title in Latin. Place names in Latin, English, and French.
- - "Cum privilegio sac. cæs. majest."
- - Prime meridian: Ferro.
- - Includes ill.
- - Gift; From the collection of Dr. Gerald D. Aurbach, given in his memory by his wife, Hannah, and daughters, Elissa and Pamela.
- - LC copy annotated in black ink to show statistical table at upper right.
- - LC copy discolored, creased, torn at edges, and clipped at lower right and left corners.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 94-28
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col. ; 47 x 57 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3709.3 17-- .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Homann, Johann Baptist. Virginia, Marylandia et Carolina in America septentrionali Brittannorum industria excultæ. [Norimbergæ: S.N., 17] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/96687808/.
APA citation style:
Homann, J. B. Virginia, Marylandia et Carolina in America septentrionali Brittannorum industria excultæ. [Norimbergæ: S.N., 17] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96687808/.
MLA citation style:
Homann, Johann Baptist. Virginia, Marylandia et Carolina in America septentrionali Brittannorum industria excultæ. [Norimbergæ: S.N., 17] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/96687808/>.