Map Map of the railroads and canals, finished, unfinished, and in contemplation, in the United States Rail road map.
About this Item
- Map of the railroads and canals, finished, unfinished, and in contemplation, in the United States
- Other Title
- Rail road map.
- Important early map of the United States. Includes drainage, canals, and cities and towns. Contains route profiles for the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, the Columbia Railroad, Pa., and the Massachusetts railroads.
- Contributor Names
- Norris, William (Engraver)
- Minor, Daniel K.
- Created / Published
- New York : Railroad Journal, 1834.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - Canals--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - "August 1834."
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows a small portion of southern Ontario.
- - Accompanied by text: A map of the railroads and canals in the United States and Canada, accompanied with a concise description of each. 72 p. ; 16 cm.
- - LC Railroad maps, 2a
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes 14 profiles of canals and railroads and ill.
- - Vault
- - Acquisitions control no. 85-32
- 1 map : hand col. ; 59 x 91 cm., folded in cover 16 x 9 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P3 1834 .N6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Norris, William, and Daniel K Minor. Map of the railroads and canals, finished, unfinished, and in contemplation, in the United States. New York: Railroad Journal, 1834. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/96688053/.
APA citation style:
Norris, W. & Minor, D. K. (1834) Map of the railroads and canals, finished, unfinished, and in contemplation, in the United States. New York: Railroad Journal. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/96688053/.
MLA citation style:
Norris, William, and Daniel K Minor. Map of the railroads and canals, finished, unfinished, and in contemplation, in the United States. New York: Railroad Journal, 1834. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/96688053/>.
More Maps like this
MapSketch illustrating the positions of the commercial cities and towns of the Eastern, Middle and Western ... Shows the United States between Maine and Virginia, west ot the Mississippi River. Indicates railroads and canals.
- Date: 1850
MapMap of the various channels for conveying the trade of the north west to the Atlantic ... Outline map of the eastern half of the United States showing canals, finished railroads, railroads in progress of contruction and proposed lines. Trade areas are indicated by line symbols and added brown...
- Contributor: Vaughan, David
- Date: 1853
MapMap of the projected railway from Harrisburg to Pittsburg [sic], with proposed extension to Cleveland, Wooster, ... Covers area between Massachusetts and Virginia and west to the Mississippi River. Shows "finished" and "proposed" railroads. A mileage chart entitled "Rail Road Routes from Seaboard to the Interior" appears at lower...
- Contributor: Harrisburg to Pittsburgh Railroad
- Date: 184?
MapMap of the canals and rail roads connecting the Broad Top Coal Region with the Atlantic. Map of parts of Pennyslvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware indicating major drainage, relief by hachures, boundaries, cities, and towns. A table of distances appears at left of map.
- Contributor: Robert, W. F.
- Date: 184?
MapMap of the canals and railroads for transporting anthracite coal from the several coal fields to ... Detailed map of eastern Pennsylvania and parts of New York and New Jersey showing drainage, relief by hachures, state and county boundaries, cities, towns, and coal fields.
- Contributor: Lorenz, William
- Date: 1856