Film, Video Visitin' 'round at Coolidge Corners Visitin' round Coolidge Corners
About this Item
- Visitin' 'round at Coolidge Corners
- Visitin' round Coolidge Corners
- Shows scenes of Calvin Coolidge at his summer home in Plymouth, Vermont, including Coolidge helping out on the neighboring farm of cousin Ed Blanchard; in the "summer White House" above the Plymouth post office; attending church with his father John Calvin, wife Grace Goodhue, and son John; and visiting with his future vice-president, General Charles Dawes. May be a compilation of newsreel footage taken by Pathe in August 1924.
- AFI/Casselton (Harold)/Larson (Ted) Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : [Pathe?, 1924]
- - Coolidge, Calvin,--1872-1933--Homes and haunts--Vermont--Plymouth
- - Coolidge, Grace Goodhue,--1879-1957
- - Coolidge, John,--1906
- - Dawes, Charles Gates,--1865-1951
- - Presidents--Dwellings--United States
- - Farm life--Vermont--Plymouth
- - Plymouth (Vt.)--Social life and customs
- - Silent films
- - Copyright: reg. unknown.
- - Probable producer, distributor, and distribution date from phone call to W. Jenney at the Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site, 8/25/97.
- - Duration: 2:19 (part 1) and 3:50 (part 2) at 22 fps.
- - Available on the Internet; Library of Congress World Wide Web site (http://lcweb.loc.gov)
- - NCN044253; Visitin' round Coolidge Corners.
- - Filmed in August 1924 at Plymouth Notch, Vermont.
- - Received: 1/2/90 from LC film lab; ref print; preservation, NTM 226; AFI/Casselton (Harold)/Larson (Ted) Collection.
- - Received: 4/20/89 from LC film lab; dupe neg; preservation, NTM 226; AFI/Casselton (Harold)/Larson (Ted) Collection.
- 1 reel of 1? (ca. 545 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1? (ca. 565 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FEB 8580 (ref print)
- FPE 4093 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Afi/Casselton (Harold)/LARSON (Ted) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Blanchard, Edward J.
- Coolidge, Calvin
- Coolidge, Grace Goodhue
- Coolidge, John
- Dawes, Charles Gates
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to the materials in Prosperity and Thrift: The Coolidge Era and the Consumer Economy 1922 - 1929, strictly for noncommercial educational and research purposes. The written permission of any copyright owners, and/or any other rights holders (such as for publicity or privacy rights), is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items that extends beyond fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment and independently securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use particular items in the context of the intended use. See Copyright, and Other Restrictions.
The Library of Congress has exhaustively researched the contents of this collection to ascertain any possible legal rights embodied in the materials. Items included here with the permission of rights holders are listed below. Many of the items in this collection are in the public domain, that is, not subject to copyright protection such as the works of employees of the federal government of the United States.
Despite extensive research, the Library has been unable to identify all possible rights holders in the materials in this collection. Thus, some of the materials provided here online are made available under an assertion of fair use (17 U.S.C. 107). Therefore, we stress that this collection and the materials contained therein are provided strictly for noncommercial educational and research purposes. Again, responsibility for making an independent legal assessment and independently securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use particular items in the context of the intended use.
The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information. Please contact the American Memory Help Desk at:
Credit Line: Library of Congress, [Name of the appropriate custodial division within the Library]
The following items are included in this collection with permission as indicated:
The New Republic: selected articles from 1928.
Selections from The New Republic, Vol. 53, No. 688 (Feb. 8, 1928) made available here with permission from the publisher.
The New Republic, 1220 19th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036
The Country Gentleman: selected issue from 1926.
Selections from The Country Gentleman, Vol. XCI, No. 2 (Feb. 1926) made available here with permission from the publisher, © The Curtis Publishing Company 1926.
Bulletin of the Taylor Society, June 1925
Reprint, "The Momentum of Taylorism," by Stuart Chase, with permission from The New Republic. The New Republic, 1220 19th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036
Good Housekeeping, Vol. LXXXII, No. 2. (Feb. 1926)
Good Housekeeping, Vol. LXXXII, No. 2. (Feb. 1926) made available here with permission from the publisher.
Calvin Coolidge Papers.Thrift--Encouragement, 1923-29.
Permission to use the article "A Girl Scout is Thrifty" from The Girl Scout Leader, December 1926, was granted by the Girl Scouts of the USA.
Calvin Coolidge Papers. Accomplishments of Calvin Coolidge Administration, 1924-28
Calvin Coolidge Papers. Radio--General 1923-29.
Calvin Coolidge Papers. Advertisement Exploitation.
Documents and letters with the letterhead of the Republican National Committee were re-printed with the permission of the Republican National Committee.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Afi/Casselton. Visitin' 'round at Coolidge Corners. [United States: Pathe?, 1924] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/97516311/.
APA citation style:
Afi/Casselton. (1924) Visitin' 'round at Coolidge Corners. [United States: Pathe?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/97516311/.
MLA citation style:
Afi/Casselton. Visitin' 'round at Coolidge Corners. [United States: Pathe?, 1924] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/97516311/>.