Map Novi Belgii Novaeque Angliae : nec non partis Virginiae tabula multis in locis emendata
About this Item
- Novi Belgii Novaeque Angliae : nec non partis Virginiae tabula multis in locis emendata
- Contributor Names
- Visscher, Nicolaes, 1649-1702.
- Created / Published
- [Amsterdam?, 1685]
- Subject Headings
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - New England--Maps
- - New York (N.Y.)--Aerial views
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--New England
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - Stokes, Iconography, p. 147 (vol. 1), lists dates as 1651-55.
- - See Map collectors circle, #24.
- - Phillips, 465
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes view "Nieuw Amsterdam op t eylant Manhattans."
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col. ; 46 x 55 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3715 169- .V5 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Visscher, Nicolaes. Novi Belgii Novaeque Angliae: nec non partis Virginiae tabula multis in locis emendata. [Amsterdam?, 1685] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/97683561/.
APA citation style:
Visscher, N. (1685) Novi Belgii Novaeque Angliae: nec non partis Virginiae tabula multis in locis emendata. [Amsterdam?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/97683561/.
MLA citation style:
Visscher, Nicolaes. Novi Belgii Novaeque Angliae: nec non partis Virginiae tabula multis in locis emendata. [Amsterdam?, 1685] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/97683561/>.
More Maps like this
MapNovi Belgii Novæque Angliæ nec non partis Virginiæ tabula : multis in locis emendata Covers New England and Middle Atlantic region southward to Hampton Roads. Shows colony names, colonial town names, and names of Amerindian tribes. Relief shown pictorially. Meridians numbered 297 to 312 from west...
- Contributor: Schenk, Petrus - Visscher, Nicolaes
- Date: 169?
MapMap showing the location of the N.Y. & Oswego Midland R.R. with existing and proposed connection, ... Map of New York State and vicinity showing drainage, canals, cities and towns, and named railroads. January 1st, 1870 edition has "W. B. Gilbert, Chief Engineer."
- Contributor: Gilbert, William - Richmond, Van R. - New York & Oswego Midland Railroad
- Date: 1869
MapTraveller's map of the middle, northern, eastern states and Canada showing all the railroad, steamboat, canal ... Map covers the northeastern portion of the United States.
- Contributor: Disturnell, John
- Date: 1849
MapNew England, New York, New Jersey and Pensilvania Includes note describing postal routes. In upper right margin: 49. In upper left margin: mostly indecipherable volume and page number, possibly p. 482. LC copy includes annotations in Nova Scotia. Mounted on...
- Contributor: Moll, Herman
- Date: 1736
MapA chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America, Scale ca. 1:768,000. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Oriented with north toward the lower left. Shows land grants and purchases in northeastern New York State and granted townships in Vermont and parts...
- Contributor: Klockhoff, H. - Cóvens Et Mortier
- Date: 1780