Map Manatvs gelegen op de Noot [sic] Riuier.
About this Item
- Manatvs gelegen op de Noot [sic] Riuier.
- Contributor Names
- Vinckeboons, Joan.
- Library of Congress.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - New York Region--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--New York Region--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--New York (State)--New York--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York Region
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - United States--New York (State)--Manhattan (New York)
- - Manuscript.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Covers New York City region.
- - Pictorial map showing buildings and points of interest.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Described in Terrae incognitae, v. xvi, 1984. Richard W. Stephenson's The Henry Harrisse collection ... , p. 40; the third volume has binder's title "Manuscript maps of New-Netherland and Manhattan drawn on the spot by Joan Vingboons in 1639."
- - Includes index of buildings with householders' names.
- - Vault
- 1 map : col. ; 45 x 67 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3291.S12 coll .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Manhattan (New York)
- New York
- New York (State)
- New York City
- New York Region
- United States
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Vinckeboons, Joan, and Library Of Congress. Manatvs gelegen op de Noot sic Riuier. 1670. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/97683586/.
APA citation style:
Vinckeboons, J. & Library Of Congress. (1670) Manatvs gelegen op de Noot sic Riuier. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/97683586/.
MLA citation style:
Vinckeboons, Joan, and Library Of Congress. Manatvs gelegen op de Noot sic Riuier. 1670. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/97683586/>.
More Maps like this
MapThis map of the city of New York and island of Manhattan, as laid out by ...
Map of the city of New York and island of Manhattan, as laid out by the commissioners appointed by the legislature, April 3d, 1807 Relief shown by hachures. Shows ward boundaries, selected buildingsm and landowner's names. "Entered according to act of Congress Novr. 16th 1811." Oriented with north toward the upper right. Haskell, D.C. Manhattan maps,...
- Contributor: Bridges, William - Maverick, Peter
- Date: 1811
MapTopographical map of the city and county of New-York, and the adjacent country : with views ... Relief shown by hachures. Shows wards, physical features, and various places of interest. "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1836 by J.H. Colton & Co. in the Clerks Office...
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co. - S. Stiles & Co.
- Date: 1836
Map[Map showing the Bowery Lane area of Manhattan. Scale not given. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown pictorially. In pencil: No. 33. Stamped on verso: John Montresor. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1084 Available also through the Library of...
- Contributor: Montrésor, John
- Date: 1760
MapNord de l'Ile de New-York. Scale ca. 1:19,000; 600 t[oises] = 93 mm. Alternate title: Nord de l'Isle de New-York. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Oriented with north to the right. Relief shown by hachures. Indexed for military...
- Date: 1781
Map[New York Island. Military; unfinished. Scale ca. 1:9,500. Title from manuscript catalog of Peter Force map collection. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermarks. Shows fortifications and redoubts north of the vicinity of Hell Gate before the battle...
- Date: 1776