Maps Manatvs gelegen op de Noot [sic] Riuier.
About this Item
- Manatvs gelegen op de Noot [sic] Riuier.
- Contributor Names
- Vinckeboons, Joan.
- Library of Congress.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - New York Region--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--New York Region--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--New York (State)--New York--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York Region
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - United States--New York (State)--Manhattan (New York)
- - Manuscript.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Covers New York City region.
- - Pictorial map showing buildings and points of interest.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Described in Terrae incognitae, v. xvi, 1984. Richard W. Stephenson's The Henry Harrisse collection ... , p. 40; the third volume has binder's title "Manuscript maps of New-Netherland and Manhattan drawn on the spot by Joan Vingboons in 1639."
- - Includes index of buildings with householders' names.
- - Vault
- 1 map : col. ; 45 x 67 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3291.S12 coll .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsLibrary of Congress
New York City
New York Region
SubjectsEarly Works to 1800
Manhattan (new York)
Manhattan (new York, N.Y.)
New York (n.y.)
New York (state)
New York Region
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Vinckeboons, Joan, and Library Of Congress. [Manatvs gelegen op de Noot sic Riuier]. 1670. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/97683586/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Vinckeboons, J. & Library Of Congress. (1670) [Manatvs gelegen op de Noot sic Riuier]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/97683586/.
MLA citation style:
Vinckeboons, Joan, and Library Of Congress. [Manatvs gelegen op de Noot sic Riuier]. 1670. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/97683586/>.