Book/Printed Material Happy days in southern California,
About this Item
- Happy days in southern California,
- Frederick Hastings Rindge (1857-1905) moved from Cambridge, Massachusetts, to Los Angeles in 1882 and bought the famed rancho at Malibu, which he dubbed "Laudamus Farm." Happy days in southern California (1898) opens with a history of the region, followed by chapters dealing with different lifestyles in the area: "seaside life" at Redondo, Santa Monica, and Santa Catalina, and the fish and animals of the sea; ranch life; climate; horseback riding; and mountain climbing.
- Rindge, Frederick Hastings, 1857-1905.
Created / Published
- Cambridge, Mass., Los Angeles, Cal., 
- - California, Southern--Description and travel
- - Urbanization--California
- - Real estate development--California
- - Agriculture--California
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- vi, 199,  p., 1 l. 20 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- F867 .R57
Library of Congress Control Number
- No known restrictions on publication.
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
"California as I Saw It:" First-Person Narratives of California's Early Years, 1849-1900.
General Notice and Restriction Statement: The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in this collection, some content may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.), and/or the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, [appropriate source division as described in the bibliographic record]. For example: Library of Congress, General Collections; or, Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rindge, Frederick Hastings. Happy days in southern California. [Cambridge, Mass., Los Angeles, Cal, 1898] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/98001881/.
APA citation style:
Rindge, F. H. (1898) Happy days in southern California. [Cambridge, Mass., Los Angeles, Cal] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98001881/.
MLA citation style:
Rindge, Frederick Hastings. Happy days in southern California. [Cambridge, Mass., Los Angeles, Cal, 1898] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98001881/>.