Film, Video Roosevelt's Rough Riders /
About this Item
- Roosevelt's Rough Riders /
- Other Title
- Roosevelt Rough Riders
- Roosevelt's Rough Riders at drill
- From the Biograph picture catalogue: 27 feet. A charge full of cowboy enthusiasm by Troop "I," the famous regiment, at Tampa, before its departure for the front.
- Contributor Names
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 
- Subject Headings
- - United States.--Army.--Volunteer Cavalry, 1st
- - Military training camps--Florida--Tampa
- - Horses
- - Cavalry drill and tactics
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919--Military leadership
- - Tampa (Fla.)--History, Military--19th century
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Cavalry operations
- War (Nonfiction)--Short
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H32832 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 18June1903; H32832.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Probable release date from AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995.
- - Duration: 0:25 at 16 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the paper print chosen best copy of two for digitization; for other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff.
- - Biograph catalog no. 642; code name (for telegraphic orders) Vesontis.
- - MAVIS 48458; Roosevelt Rough Riders.
- - Filmed ca. April 1898 in Tampa, Florida.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902, p. 167 [MI]; Biograph photo catalog, v. 2 [MI].
- - Received: 7/17/97 from LC film lab; ref print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 6/13/97 from LC film lab; dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 6/18/03; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 32 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 32 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 roll (ca. 32 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEC 2888 (ref print)
- FPE 9287 (dupe neg)
- LC 318b (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmerican Mutoscope and Biograph Company
American Mutoscope Company
Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Actualities (Motion Pictures)
Cavalry Drill and Tactics
Military Training Camps
Spanish American War
Volunteer Cavalry, 1st
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Roosevelt's Rough Riders. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1898] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98500909. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1898) Roosevelt's Rough Riders. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98500909.
MLA citation style:
American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Roosevelt's Rough Riders. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1898] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98500909>.