Film, Video Blanket-tossing a new recruit
About this Item
- Blanket-tossing a new recruit
- "Company F, 1st Ohio Volunteers, initiating a new man. Nineteen times he bounces in the blanket, and each toss is funnier than the last one. 50 feet"--Edison films catalog.
- Paley, William Daly, 1857-1924, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1898.
- - United States.--Army.--Ohio Volunteers, 1st
- - Initiation rites--Florida--Tampa
- - Soldiers--Florida--Tampa
- - United States.--Army--Military life
- - Spanish-American War, 1898
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - 38240 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 22June1898; 38240.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Camera, William Paley.
- - Duration: 0:34 at 24 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1354) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Filmed ca. May or June 1898 in Tampa, Florida.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 442; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 31; Edison films catalog, no. 94, March 1900, p. 13 [MI]; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 36 [MI].
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (25 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (25 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4368 (viewing print)
- FRA 0259 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0161B (paper pos)
- Box 5266B (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Paley, William Daly, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Blanket-Tossing a New Recruit. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1898. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/98501030/.
APA citation style:
Paley, W. D., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1898) Blanket-Tossing a New Recruit. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98501030/.
MLA citation style:
Paley, William Daly, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Blanket-Tossing a New Recruit. United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1898. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98501030/>.