Film, Video Trained cavalry horses
About this Item
- Trained cavalry horses
- "Shows the wonderful intelligence of these Troop F, 6th U.S. Cavalry, horses. At a command they lie down promptly, and at another order scramble to their feet. 50 feet"--Edison films catalog no. 94.
- Paley, William Daly, 1857-1924, production, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1898.
- - Cavalry horses--Florida--Tampa
- - Soldiers--Florida--Tampa
- - United States.--Army.--Cavalry, 6th
- - Cavalry drill and tactics
- - Spanish-American War, 1898
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - 38235 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 22June1898; 38235.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Camera, William Paley.
- - Duration: 0:33 at 24 fps.
- - Filmed late May to early June, 1898 in Tampa, Florida.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0957) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 444; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 332-333; Edison films catalog, no. 94, March 1900, p. 13 [MI]; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 36 [MI]; AFI catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 1086.
- - paper pos (copy 2) Received: 1898-06-22; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - Paper print roll lacking suffix.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (28 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (28 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3971 (viewing print)
- FRA 1179 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 1717 (master pos pic)
- Box 0113Q (paper pos)
- Box 5204 (paper pos, copy 2)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Trained Cavalry Horses. produceds by Paley, William Daly, Uction, Camera United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1898. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/98501032/.
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1898) Trained Cavalry Horses. Paley, W. D., prod United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98501032/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Trained Cavalry Horses. prod by Paley, William Daly, Uction, Camera United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1898. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98501032/>.