Film, Video Behind your radio dial
About this Item
- Behind your radio dial
- This program presents a backstage view of radio and television broadcasting. It includes capsule summaries of the departments making up the NBC network organization, scenes of rehearsals and broadcasts by NBC's top stars.
- Montagne, Edward J., 1912-2003, direction
- Reisman, Philip H., 1916-1999, writing
- Sullivan, Neil (Cameraman), camera
- Grauer, Ben, narration
- Shulman, Alan, music
- Toscanini, Arturo, 1867-1957
- National Broadcasting Company
Created / Published
- United States : NBC Television Network, 1949-01-09.
- - National Broadcasting Company
- - Radio broadcasting
- - Television broadcasting
- Documentary television programs
- Television specials
- Nonfiction television programs
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Appearing: Arturo Toscanini.
- - Photographed by Neil Sullivan ; edited by William Thompson ; narrated by Ben Grauer ; music score by Alan Shulman ; musical supervision, Herman Fuchs.
- - On NBC program analysis files, programs file [MI], from 1949A to 1949E: WNBT only; telecast date taken from NBC program analysis files, programs file [MI], from 1949A to 1949E; date appears as 4/13/1956 on inventory.
- - Summary taken from NBC program analysis files, programs file [MI], from 1949A to 1949E.
- - NBC inventory box no. 67, 1117, 1118, and 1119.
- - Sources used: NBC program analysis files, programs file [MI], from 1949A to 1949E and title file, from BEA to BEL; International motion picture almanac, 1949-50, p. 412.
- 1 video file (digital, MPEG-4) (ca. 25 min.) : sd., b&w.
- viewing print 2 film reels (r1-3 on 2) (ca. 25 min., 2,250 ft.) : sd., b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FGF 0073-0074 (viewing print)
- NBC Television Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Grauer, Ben
- Montagne, Edward J.
- National Broadcasting Company
- Reisman, Philip H.
- Shulman, Alan
- Sullivan, Neil
- Toscanini, Arturo
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Reisman, Philip H., Writing, Neil Sullivan, Ben Grauer, Alan Shulman, Arturo Toscanini, Rko-Pathe, and National Broadcasting Company. Behind Your Radio Dial. directeds by Montagne, Edward J., Ection United States: NBC Television Network, -01-09, 1949. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/98515836/.
APA citation style:
Reisman, P. H., Sullivan, N., Grauer, B., Shulman, A., Toscanini, A., Rko-Pathe & National Broadcasting Company. (1949) Behind Your Radio Dial. Montagne, E. J., dir United States: NBC Television Network, -01-09. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98515836/.
MLA citation style:
Reisman, Philip H., Writing, et al. Behind Your Radio Dial. dir by Montagne, Edward J., Ection United States: NBC Television Network, -01-09, 1949. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98515836/>.