Map Military map of the United States
About this Item
- Military map of the United States
- Freyhold, Edward, cartographer.
- Bien, Julius, 1826-1909, engraver, printer.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874, collector.
- United States. War Department. Office of the Chief of Engineers.
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.?] : Office of the Chief of Engineers, War Department, 1869.
- - Military geography--United States--Maps
- - United States
- Military maps
- - Shows military and wagon roads, railroads, canals, arsenals, and forts.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Includes inset of Alaska.
- - LC copy imperfect: Sectioned vertically in half, mounted on cloth.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : color ; 70 x 102 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.R1 1869 .F7
- G3701.R1 1869 .F7 Copy 2 State outlines hand col.
- G3701.R1 1869 .F7 Fil 110ta Copy 3 In the Fillmore map collection. Sectioned into 30 and mounted on cloth, folding to 21 x 13 cm. Signed on verso: Millard Fillmore. Nov. 27, 1869.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Freyhold, Edward, Cartographer, Julius Bien, Millard Fillmore, and United States War Department. Office Of The Chief Of Engineers. Military map of the United States. [Washington, D.C.?: Office of the Chief of Engineers, War Department, 1869] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98685168/.
APA citation style:
Freyhold, E., Bien, J., Fillmore, M. & United States War Department. Office Of The Chief Of Engineers. (1869) Military map of the United States. [Washington, D.C.?: Office of the Chief of Engineers, War Department] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98685168/.
MLA citation style:
Freyhold, Edward, Cartographer, et al. Military map of the United States. [Washington, D.C.?: Office of the Chief of Engineers, War Department, 1869] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98685168/>.