Map A plan of Alexandria, now Belhaven.
About this Item
- A plan of Alexandria, now Belhaven.
- Washington, George, 1732-1799.
Created / Published
- - Real property--Virginia--Alexandria--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Alexandria (Va.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia--Alexandria
- Manuscript maps
- Early maps
- Cadastral maps
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Cadastral map showing lots and lot nos.
- - Includes indexed list of "Proprietors names."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : ms. ; on sheet 36 x 44 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.A3G46 1749 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Washington as Public Land Surveyor | George Washington: Surveyor and Mapmaker | Articles and Essays | George Washington Papers | Digital Collections
- List of Early Maps and Surveys | George Washington: Surveyor and Mapmaker | Articles and Essays | George Washington Papers | Digital Collections
- Virginia: Selected Library of Congress Primary Sources
- Reason Gallery B - American Treasures of the Library of Congress
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Washington, George. A plan of Alexandria, now Belhaven.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98687108/.
APA citation style:
Washington, G. (1749) A plan of Alexandria, now Belhaven. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98687108/.
MLA citation style:
Washington, George. A plan of Alexandria, now Belhaven.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98687108/>.