Map A new map of the gold region in California.
About this Item
- A new map of the gold region in California.
- Contributor Names
- Gibbes, Charles Drayton.
- Sherman & Smith.
- Created / Published
- New York, 1851.
- Subject Headings
- - Gold mines and mining--California--Maps
- - United States--California
- - With text: accompaniment to Gibbes' new map of the gold region, California. Region of California. Stockton, Calif., J.D. Gibbes; New York, Sherman & Smith, 1851 (16 p.)
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- - Vault
- 1 map : col. ; 72 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4360 1851 .G5 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gibbes, Charles Drayton, and Sherman & Smith. A new map of the gold region in California. New York, 1851. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98687170/.
APA citation style:
Gibbes, C. D. & Sherman & Smith. (1851) A new map of the gold region in California. New York. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98687170/.
MLA citation style:
Gibbes, Charles Drayton, and Sherman & Smith. A new map of the gold region in California. New York, 1851. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98687170/>.
More Maps like this
MapBonner's map of the State of Georgia with the addition of its geological features. Scale ca. 1:1,150,000. Cover title: Georgia. Hand colored. "Longitude from Washington." "The geological representations entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1849 by W. Thorne Williams ... " Bookplate of...
- Contributor: Sherman & Smith - Williams, W. Thorne
- Date: 1849
MapA new map of Arkansas Relief shown by hachures. Includes text and list to land districts. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1846 by Sherman & Smith in the clerks office of the District...
- Contributor: Sherman & Smith - Fillmore, Millard - Shall, D. F.
- Date: 1852
MapA new map for travellers through the United States of America showing the railways, canals & ... Prime meridian: Washington, D.C. Includes illustrations. "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1846 by J. Calvin Smith, in the clerks office of the District Court of the Southern District...
- Contributor: Sherman & Smith - Fillmore, Millard - Smith, J. Calvin (John Calvin)
- Date: 1850
MapMap of the gold region of California, taken from a recent survey Relief shown by hachures. Gift; Philip Lee Phillips Society; November, 2007. LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vendor: Michael D. Heaston...
- Contributor: Ellis, Robert H.
- Date: 1850
MapA chart of the cruise of the American Arctic Expedition in search of Sir John Franklin ... Shows the ship routes followed by the John Franklin Arctic Expedition of 1846-1861 in the eastern Canadian Arctic islands and along the western coast of Greenland; also shows wind direction indicators along...
- Contributor: Welsh, George P. - Sherman & Smith - Grinnell, Henry - United States. Hydrographical Office