Map [Bend of the Missouri River].
About this Item
- [Bend of the Missouri River].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Missouri River--Maps
- - United States--Missouri River
- Manuscript maps
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Annotated in pencil: Bend of the Missouri, Long. 101 25ʺ-Lat. 47 32ʺ by Mr. Thomson, astronmer to the N.W. Company in 1798.
- - On verso: A sketch of the north bend of the Missourie River.
- - Gives number of warriors, houses and tents of six Mandan and Pawnee Indian villages in the vicinity of the junction of the Missouri and Knife Rivers.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : ms. ; 42 x 50 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4127.M5 1798 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The contents of the Library of Congress Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division, Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase.
More about Copyright and other RestrictionsFor guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bend of the Missouri River.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98687182/.
APA citation style:
(1798) Bend of the Missouri River. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98687182/.
MLA citation style:
Bend of the Missouri River.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98687182/>.
More Maps like this
MapCarte du Missouri : levee ou rectifiée dans toute son etendue Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Perrin Du Lac, (François Marie) - Perrin Du Lac
- Date: 1802
MapAn Indian map of the Upper-Missouri, 1801. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. English. Some place names in Blackfoot. Copied from a map in the London archives of the Hudson Bay Company. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Kohl, J. G. (Johann Georg) - Kohl, J. G.
- Date: 1850
MapRoutes of parties founding Astoria July, 1810--March, 1814. Pen-and-ink and colored pencil over printed base map. No title or publication information on base map. "Pages refer to Knickerbocker edition, G.P. Putnam & Son, 661 Broadway, N.Y., 1868". Available also through...
- Date: 1868
MapBonneville May 1 1832 (Fort Osage) to Aug. 22 1835. Shows routes taken by Bonneville and other fur trappers. Pen-and-ink and colored pencil over printed base map. No title or publication information on base map. Mounted on cloth. Stamped on in lower...
- Date: 1868
Map[Atlas accompanying An account of expeditions to the sources of the Mississippi and through the western ... "Some copies [of An account] are accompanied by the six maps bound separately." Cf. Sabin 62836. Philips 11024 Copy 1 incomplete: missing all maps, but contains statistical sheets. Copy 2 incomplete: missing...
- Contributor: Pike, Zebulon Montgomery - Warren, G. K. (Gouverneur Kemble)
- Date: 1810