About this Item
- Pictorial Maps Ltd
- Travel Association of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Created / Published
- [London?] : Pictorial Maps Ltd., [196-?]
- - Literary landmarks--England--Stratford-upon-Avon--Maps
- - Stratford-upon-Avon (England)--Aerial views
- - Stratford-upon-Avon (England)--Maps
- - Shakespeare, William,--1564-1616--Homes and haunts--England--Stratford-upon-Avon--Maps
- - Shakespeare, William,--1564-1616--Dramatic production--Pictorial works
- - England--Stratford-upon-Avon
- Pictorial maps
- Tourist maps
- - Pictorial literary map designed as a bird's-eye view of the town center showing Shakespearean landmarks and other points of interest dated 1581 to 1932.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - "Published by Pictorial Maps Ltd. for the Travel Association of Great Britain and N. Ireland (Tourist Division of the British Tourist and Holidays Board) ... London S.W.1, England."
- - Includes notes, quotations, col. ill. of scenes from Shakespeare plays, col. ill. of Shakespeare homes, and coats-of-arms.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LMP
- 1 view : col. ; 28 x 42 cm., on sheet 52 x 69 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G5754.S85E65 1932 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pictorial Maps Ltd, and Travel Association Of The United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland. Stratford-upon-Avon. [London?: Pictorial Maps Ltd., 196-?, 1581] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688113/.
APA citation style:
Pictorial Maps Ltd & Travel Association Of The United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland. (1581) Stratford-upon-Avon. [London?: Pictorial Maps Ltd., 196-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688113/.
MLA citation style:
Pictorial Maps Ltd, and Travel Association Of The United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland. Stratford-upon-Avon. [London?: Pictorial Maps Ltd., 196-?, 1581] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688113/>.