Map Traveller's map of the middle, northern, eastern states and Canada showing all the railroad, steamboat, canal and principal stage routes.
About this Item
- Traveller's map of the middle, northern, eastern states and Canada showing all the railroad, steamboat, canal and principal stage routes.
- Map covers the northeastern portion of the United States.
- Contributor Names
- Disturnell, John, 1801-1877.
- Created / Published
- New York, 1849.
- Subject Headings
- - New England--Maps
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - United States--New England
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale ca. 1:2,000,000.
- - At bottom of map: List of "Canal, rail road & steamboat routes."
- - LC also has editions of 1850 and 1856.
- - LC Railroad maps, 12
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Inset: View of "Niagara River and surrounding country. Showing the proposed ship canal, rail roads, &c. Drawn by the late Capt. W.G. Williams, U.S. Topographical Corps." 10 x 15 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 48 x 59 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3715 1847 .D5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Disturnell, John. Traveller's map of the middle, northern, eastern states and Canada showing all the railroad, steamboat, canal and principal stage routes. New York, 1849. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688308/.
APA citation style:
Disturnell, J. (1849) Traveller's map of the middle, northern, eastern states and Canada showing all the railroad, steamboat, canal and principal stage routes. New York. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688308/.
MLA citation style:
Disturnell, John. Traveller's map of the middle, northern, eastern states and Canada showing all the railroad, steamboat, canal and principal stage routes. New York, 1849. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688308/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the United States in part and Canada, showing all the canals, railroads, navigable rivers ... Map of the north-central and northeastern United States showing drainage, place names, state boundaries, canals, completed and "unfinished" railroads, stage roads, and steamboat routes.
- Contributor: Disturnell, John
- Date: 1852
MapEnsign, Bridgman & Fanning's rail road map of the Eastern States. Map of New England, part of eastern Canada, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, most of Maryland, and part of Virginia. Shows drainage, some relief by hachures, place names, and state boundaries....
- Contributor: Ensign, Bridgman & Fanning
- Date: 1856
MapJ. Sage & Sons new & reliable rail road map, travellers edition, Eastern. Map of the northeastern United States indicating stations along the completed railroad lines.
- Contributor: Sage (J.) & Sons
- Date: 1859
MapSherman & Smith's railroad, steam boat & stage route map of New England, New-York and Canada. Detailed township and county map showing place names and some indication of drainage and relief.
- Contributor: Smith, J. Calvin - Smith, J. Calvin (John Calvin)
- Date: 1850
MapMaps showing the Boston Hoosac Tunnel and Western Railway with its eastern and western connections. Map of the northeastern United States showing drainage, counties, cities and towns, and the railroad network.
- Contributor: G.W. & C. Colton & Co. - Boston, Hoosac Tunnel, and Western Railway
- Date: 1881