Maps Complete map of the rail roads and water courses, in the United States & Canada.
About this Item
- Complete map of the rail roads and water courses, in the United States & Canada.
- Map of the eastern half of the United States and part of Canada showing drainage, state boundaries, and place names. Shows steamboat routes and railroads in operation, in progress, and projected.
- Contributor Names
- Magnus, Charles.
- Created / Published
- New York, 
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:5,800,000.
- - In lower margin of main map is printed "Entered, according to act of Congress, in the year 1859...." At the bottom edge below the inset neat lines is printed "Entered, according to act of Congress, in the year 1861...."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 14.33
- - LC Railroad maps, 44
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Insets: Military map of Maryland & Virginia. 11 x 19 cm.--Map of northern military movements: between New York & St. Louis. 14 x 24 cm.--[View of the U.S. Capitol] 18 x 19 cm.--[Entrance to Mobile Bay] 18 x 13 cm.--[United States and the Gulf of Mexico]. 18 x 18 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 58 x 68 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P3 1861 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Magnus, Charles. Complete map of the rail roads and water courses, in the United States & Canada. [New York, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688331/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Magnus, C. (1861) Complete map of the rail roads and water courses, in the United States & Canada. [New York] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688331/.
MLA citation style:
Magnus, Charles. Complete map of the rail roads and water courses, in the United States & Canada. [New York, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688331/>.