Map Lloyd's railroad, telegraph & express map of the United States and Canadas from official information.
About this Item
- Lloyd's railroad, telegraph & express map of the United States and Canadas from official information.
- Map of the eastern United States showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, forts and fortification, express companies, railroads, and magnetic telegraph wires. Includes railroads which have been completed and in operation up to July 1863.
- Contributor Names
- Lloyd, James T.
- Created / Published
- New York, 1867.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - Railroads--Canada--Maps
- - Telegraph lines--United States--Maps
- - Telegraph lines--Canada--Maps
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Scale ca. 1:2,300,000.
- - Annotated in red and blue to show major railroad and steamboat lines in the North East.
- - Map is incomplete, left side is missing
- - Note: "The public are cautioned against another "Lloyd" by whose name he hopes to deceive the public with spurious Lloyd's Maps...."
- - LC Railroad maps, 49
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Insets: Map of the eastern states... 62 x 34 cm.--[Boston] 15 x 12 cm.--[Philadelphia] 12 x 15 cm.--Railroads in Texas. 15 x 14 cm.--Riviere du Loup Branch. 7 x 16 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 93 x 128 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P3 1867 .L5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lloyd, James T. Lloyd's railroad, telegraph & express map of the United States and Canadas from official information. New York, 1867. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688334/.
APA citation style:
Lloyd, J. T. (1867) Lloyd's railroad, telegraph & express map of the United States and Canadas from official information. New York. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688334/.
MLA citation style:
Lloyd, James T. Lloyd's railroad, telegraph & express map of the United States and Canadas from official information. New York, 1867. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688334/>.
More Maps like this
MapLloyd's American railroad map. Covers area east of the Mississippi River. Omits most of Florida and northern Maine. Indicates "railroads in running order." [From published bibliography]
- Contributor: Lloyd, James T.
- Date: 1861
MapLloyd's new map of the United States, the Canadas and New Brunswick, from the latest surveys, ... Map of eastern United States, showing roads, railroads, distances by rail, towns, state and county names, and boundaries. Areas shaded pink represent the "rebellious states" and the green areas represent "all the...
- Contributor: Lloyd, James T.
- Date: 1863
MapTelegraph and Rail Road map of the New England States. Scale ca. 1:775,000. LC also has 1855 edition. LC Railroad maps, 109 Description derived from published bibliography. Inset: Map of Boston showing the entrance of the Rail Roads. Circle, diameter 22 cm....
- Contributor: Williams, Alexander
- Date: 1854
MapLloyd's American railroad map of the United States, showing the three proposed roads and the overland ... Outline map of the continental United States showing drainage, state boundaries, major cities, forts, finished and proposed railroads. [From published bibliography]
- Contributor: Lloyd, James T. - Smith, Rae
- Date: 1859
MapLloyd's map of the southern states showing all the railroads, their stations & distances, also the ... Signed in ms: "Millard Fillmore 1862." LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 29 LC Railroad maps, 138 Description derived from published bibliography. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Fillmore, Millard - Lloyd, James T.
- Date: 1862