Maps J. Sage & Sons new & reliable rail road map, travellers edition, Eastern.
About this Item
- J. Sage & Sons new & reliable rail road map, travellers edition, Eastern.
- Map of the northeastern United States indicating stations along the completed railroad lines.
- Contributor Names
- Sage (J.) & Sons.
- Created / Published
- Buffalo, N.Y., 1859.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - Railroads--New England--Maps
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--New England
- - Scale 1:2,250,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 88
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Inset: Eastern Massachusetts and part of N. Hampshire, Rhode Island & Connecticut. On an enlarged scale. 15 x 16 cm.
- - On the verso of map are lists of distances between stations for the individual railroad lines.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 42 x 58 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3716.P3 1859 .S2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sage & Sons. J. Sage & Sons new & reliable rail road map, travellers edition, Eastern. Buffalo, N.Y, 1859. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688363/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sage & Sons. (1859) J. Sage & Sons new & reliable rail road map, travellers edition, Eastern. Buffalo, N.Y. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688363/.
MLA citation style:
Sage & Sons. J. Sage & Sons new & reliable rail road map, travellers edition, Eastern. Buffalo, N.Y, 1859. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688363/>.