Map Telegraph and Rail Road map of the New England States.
About this Item
- Telegraph and Rail Road map of the New England States.
- Contributor Names
- Williams, Alexander.
- Created / Published
- Boston, 1854.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--New England--Maps
- - Telegraph lines--New England--Maps
- - United States--New England
- - Scale ca. 1:775,000.
- - LC also has 1855 edition.
- - LC Railroad maps, 109
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Inset: Map of Boston showing the entrance of the Rail Roads. Circle, diameter 22 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 78 x 82 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3721.P3 1854 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:775,000. LC also has 1855 edition. LC Railroad maps, 109 Description derived from published bibliography. Inset: Map of Boston showing the entrance of the Rail Roads. Circle, diameter 22 cm. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Original Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Williams, Alexander. Telegraph and Rail Road map of the New England States. Boston, 1854. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688383/.
APA citation style:
Williams, A. (1854) Telegraph and Rail Road map of the New England States. Boston. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688383/.
MLA citation style:
Williams, Alexander. Telegraph and Rail Road map of the New England States. Boston, 1854. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688383/>.
More Maps like this
MapLloyd's railroad, telegraph & express map of the United States and Canadas from official information. Map of the eastern United States showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, forts and fortification, express companies, railroads, and magnetic telegraph wires. Includes railroads which have been completed and in...
- Contributor: Lloyd, James T.
- Date: 1867
MapMap showing the proposed rail roads from Boston to Burlington, from Hale's map of New England. Outline map of eastern New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and northern Massachusetts showing four proposed railroad routes. A list of distances appear below the title.
- Contributor: J.H. Bufford & Co.
- Date: 1844
MapSketch of the states of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, and parts of New Hampshire & ... General map showing drainage, cities, towns, state and county boundaries.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Archibald
- Date: 1846
MapMap of railways in New England and part of New York; engraved by D. C. Hitchcock ... Scale [ca. 1:2,700,000]. LC Railroad maps, 101 Description derived from published bibliography. At top of map: "See paragraph headed Our Railway Map." On the verso: City of Boston. 18 x 14 cm....
- Contributor: Snow & Wilder - Hitchcock, Dewitt C.
- Date: 1847
MapMap of railways in New England and part of New York; engraved by E. A. Teulon, ... Shows railroads in operation and some proposed lines. Indicates state boundaries, cities and towns, and main drainage.
- Contributor: George K. Snow & Co.
- Date: 1849