Maps Map and profile of the Cañada de las Uvas : from explorations and surveys
About this Item
- Map and profile of the Cañada de las Uvas : from explorations and surveys
- Contributor Names
- Williamson, R. S. (Robert Stockton), 1824-1882.
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889.
- Parke, John G.
- Williams Smith, Issac.
- Siebert, Selmar.
- United States. War Department.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C., 1859]
- Subject Headings
- - California--Maps
- - Railroads--California--Surveying--Maps
- - United States--California
- - Scale 1:60,000.
- - At head of title: Routes in California to connect with the routes near the 32nd and 35th Parallels.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - From U.S. War Department, Explorations and Surveys for a Railroad Route from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Topographical Maps . . . to Illustrate the Various Reports . . . (Washington, 1859)
- - LC Railroad maps, 149
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 56 x 76 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4360 1853 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Parke, John G.
United States. War Department
Williams Smith, Issac
Williamson, R. S.
Williamson, R. S. (robert Stockton)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Williamson, R. S, Jefferson Davis, John G Parke, Issac Williams Smith, Selmar Siebert, and United States War Department. Map and profile of the Cañada de las Uvas: from explorations and surveys. [Washington, D.C, 1853] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688417/. (Accessed August 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Williamson, R. S., Davis, J., Parke, J. G., Williams Smith, I., Siebert, S. & United States War Department. (1853) Map and profile of the Cañada de las Uvas: from explorations and surveys. [Washington, D.C] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688417/.
MLA citation style:
Williamson, R. S, et al. Map and profile of the Cañada de las Uvas: from explorations and surveys. [Washington, D.C, 1853] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98688417/>.