Map Indexed county and township pocket map and shippers guide of South Dakota.
About this Item
- Indexed county and township pocket map and shippers guide of South Dakota.
- Shows relief by hachures, drainage, counties, township lines, cities and towns, Indian and military reservations, area "opened for settlement by treaty of 1889," and the railroad network with named lines.
- Rand McNally and Company.
Created / Published
- Chicago, 1892.
- - South Dakota--Maps
- - United States--South Dakota
- - Scale ca. 1:1,150,000.
- - Title from cover.
- - LC Railroad maps, 302
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 40 x 57 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4180 1892 .R3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rand Mcnally And Company. Indexed county and township pocket map and shippers guide of South Dakota. Chicago, 1892. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688559/.
APA citation style:
Rand Mcnally And Company. (1892) Indexed county and township pocket map and shippers guide of South Dakota. Chicago. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688559/.
MLA citation style:
Rand Mcnally And Company. Indexed county and township pocket map and shippers guide of South Dakota. Chicago, 1892. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688559/>.